January in Review



I am very glad that January is over! It’s been a challenging month to say the least, with sickness hitting me hard at the end of the month. Thankfully I’m recovered and feeling much better!

Generally January is a difficult month anyway. There’s always that mixture of anti-climax from Christmas and then I have my birthday when everyone else is poor or feeling blue too, so it’s always a weird month. Plus my boyfriend was jet-lagged from a trip to Australia so it was a hard birthday this year to really enjoy, despite having a lovely day on the day itself with my mum (a pamper session, lunch at Knightingales & a wander around an antique’s shop).

Health wise, I started strong with the gym, and even did my first 5x5 stronglifts session (squat, bench press, barbell row) but then fizzled out midway through the month due to health reasons (low energy, as I was well overdue my B12 injection). I also had this horrific stomach bug which really took it out of me, but I feel like it also gave my body and mind a bit of a re-set! 

Let’s take a look at the goals I set at the beginning of the month and see what I was able to achieve and what I want to carry with me into February!

Review of January Goals 

- Join the gym
- Reduce alcohol intake 
- Increase water intake
- Track food intake
- More content creation (Instagram & YouTube) 
- Blog more!
- Do more visiting of friends and family 

As you can see, I managed to accomplish almost all of the things on my list! The only thing I really struggled with was creating more content and blogging, both of which require time and mindfulness, which will be more of a focus next month.

I’ll do my February goals in a separate post, but for now I’m glad to say goodbye to January!

Comments

Popular Posts