Hello, 2020!

Happy new year!


I can’t believe it’s a new decade!

2019 has been a very interesting year. Positive in many ways, but negative in others.

2019 was not a good year for my health. While I’m very lucky that my Crohn’s disease is in symptomatic remission, other aspects of my health haven’t been so great. Ear infections, eczema, more ear infections, ovarian cysts and more bloody ear infections. Basically, I’ve comfort-eaten my way through 2019 and it certainly shows.

My 5’2 frame isn’t designed to carry this much weight. I feel out of breath at the smallest of cardio challenges, and I don’t feel like myself. I feel like a frumpy lump of a woman.

Time to make some changes in 2020.

Goals will be made. Challenges will be set. Progress will be measured. This isn’t a quick fix. This is the long game.

Last year, my word of the year was ‘power’, because I knew I needed to be powerful and strong to get through such a challenging year with a lot of life milestones in it. This year, and actually for the next 5 years, my word is: PERSEVERANCE.

I know this is going to take a long time to see the results I want to see. I know it’s going to be hard. It’s going to downright suck on some days - and I may choose to press pause. But that’s the point: press PAUSE - don’t press stop and then rewind the damn movie of your life back to the beginning and erase all the hard work. Pauses are okay. Pauses are temporary. But the hard work that I’ll be putting in? That’ll serve me forever.

I want to feel healthy and comfortable and confident and sexy. I want to prove to myself that I’m not weak. That I can move mountains (or at least I can move heavy weights about a bit). I want to do this for me and my future. Fuck the short-term gratification of a takeaway or half a bottle of wine. I want that feeling of accomplishment. That feeling of knowing I worked my arse off and achieved something that I thought I never could achieve.

I am excited to see what 2020 brings, and what progress I can make my 2025.

I can’t wait to say goodbye to 2019 and focus on a wonderful 2020.


Comments

Popular Posts